Founded in 1962, the Memphis Hightailers Bicycle Club (MHBC) is a volunteer non-profit club with over 1400 members. MHBC organizes weekly bicycle rides and social events for all levels and abilities. Rides are held every weekend year round. During the summer months regular rides meet on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings, and weekends.
Why should I become a Memphis Hightailers member?
The Memphis Hightailers work with the local community to make cycling safer and more enjoyable in the Greater Memphis Area. Not only is it an opportunity to get connected with other cyclists, but there are many other benefits:
- 20+ weekly organized group rides
- Rides for beginners to experts
- Beginner and advanced bicycle education
- Discounted legal bicycle representation
- Discounted Memphis Hightailers merchandise
- $10 special members-only supported rides
- Access to member-only content on the Memphis Hightailers website
- Liability and secondary accident insurance coverage on all Memphis Hightailers Rides
- Discounts at local bike shops
- Discounts at velosurance.com for bicycle insurance
- Discounts at local sponsors
- Certified cycling instructors